Sunday, October 11, 2026

Summer of 2026 swimming

The #summer of 2026 has ended, as has my #swimming season, which lasted from June 13 to October 3. To sum it up, I swam:

4 × 0.5 km
8 × 1.2 km
51 × 2.5 km

This totals 139.1 km for this year, bringing my overall distance to 972.6 km since 2021. My imaginary trip has finally taken me out of the Adriatic and into the Ionian Sea. I will be resting on the shores of Corfu Island until next season. I was thinking swimming back to Italy, but upon further reflection, I haven't made up my mind about whether to exit the Mediterranean through the Strait of Gibraltar or the Suez Canal. Any insightful comments on that would be appreciated!

Distances in kilometers by year:

2021    200
2022    182.5 
2023    180
2024    134.5
2025    135.6
2026    139.1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment