Monday, September 11, 2023

5-Year-Old Sextortion Scam Still Works!

I recently received an email with familiar content once again:

I did some online research and discovered that the initial reports of this scam date back to 2018. To my surprise, I found it lurking in my inbox again. Intrigued, I decided to investigate the Bitcoin address the scammer had provided. Much to my amazement, over the past few days, five unsuspecting individuals had already deposited $950 USD each into the scammer's account! You can view this development in the screenshot below.:

I've concealed the scammer's Bitcoin address, including all transaction details, to ensure that they cannot be linked back to this post. Why, you might wonder? Well, I've embarked on a small experiment to determine whether I can trace these transactions back to the scammer—a real-life person. If the scammer suspects that their address is under surveillance, they might refrain from moving their money. It's essential to remember that every transaction is permanently recorded on the blockchain and can potentially be traced, even if the scammer attempts to hide their tracks using Bitcoin mixers, which undoubtedly complicates back-tracing. So, let's patiently await the scammer's next move with the funds! I.e. let's hunt some orc!


No comments:

Post a Comment