Thursday, May 13, 2021

ASUS N73 HDD Bracket/Caddy, 13GNZX1AM030-1 and 13GNZX10M10X-1 compatible

I had decided to install a second HDD in my ASUS N73, but I was missing a bracket for it. At that time there were no listings on eBay and that part was really hard to obtain. My improvised solutions weren't good enough and disk drive would sometimes get disconnected. It is a laptop anyway that you flip and carry around.

So, I've decided to make my own extra bracket. I took a caliper, measured the original bracket and modeled it in FreeCAD

The first bracket prototype was made on a 3D printer. I never thought that the plastic that thin will be strong enough to hold a HDD (of course it did not!), but I wanted to check is my model OK and make sure that everything does fit. The 'legs' broke right away and plastic shrank as it cooled so that experiment wasn't much of a success.

Obviously, a bracket that thin (0.55 mm) would be the best made of steel. I started to look for manufactures in China and soon enough I've found a company that offered to send me a free sample made in Cold Rolled Steel Plate technique.

If you need similar products in bigger quantity, you can reach them at:

JM FCX Metal Industrial Co., Ltd.
http://www.fcxmetal.com
https://fcxmetal.en.made-in-china.com
Chaolian Industrial Area, Jiangmen city, GD., P.R China
Tel: 0086-750-2037012
fcxmetal@163.com
0086-189-2308-8730 (WhatsApp, Wechat)

If you are looking  for CAD files (iges, stl and FCStd formats) for the bracket, you can download them from here.



No comments:

Post a Comment